PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
The Nonpareil was very high in the Sav hierarchy, along with the Giubileo D'Oro. My Savinellis, including a nonpareil are probably in the 30-40 year old category. They were and continue to be great pipes for the money, nicely made and finished, drilled open and good smokers. You're lucky that your Grandfather had such good taste in pipes. By the way, should you ever need it, Savinelli will sell you a new replacement bit for I think $25, specifically made for that Non-Pareil shape. (One of the nice things about mass production).

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Griz, you did a fantastic job cleaning the Sav up. You are very lucky, I wish I had my grandad's pipes but those got lost somewhere before I ever got into pipe smoking. Cherish that beauty.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I've read through this thread a bunch of times and this was the first where I read the title as, "My Grandfather Gave Me A 20-year-old AND A Savinelli" 8O
That's a really nice Grandpa! Where was he hiding this 20-year-old? :rofl:
-Jason

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I wish I had my grandfathers pipes.I did not really get into pipe smoking until he was long gone and my uncle had sold all of his pipes.It is still a sore subject between us.We tried to get him to keep them just to have them but no dice.I remember him having some cool meers from when I was really young.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
cleaned up great man, it look sweeeeet. That thing should last until you give it to your grand kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.