PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Hey hey Thanks Again everyone for the great comments!

I'm glad you guys like them. I have to say I'm proud of the work, but I am my sharpest critic. Thats good though, once I'm happy with the work I know others will be too.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Well I loaded up the billiard for the first time today. Full Virginia Flake. Wow !

I have to say, this is up there with the best smoking pipes I've owned, right from the first two bowls. I'm a lot happier with this pipe after smoking it!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Geez lonestar, way to toot your own horn. :roll:
Have you no shame?
lol Just pullin your leg, I'm glad she smokes as awesome as she looks. :clap:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Lonestar neglected to mention that, during the pipe making seminar in Chicago, Rad Davis took a look at pipe #1 and couldn't put it down!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Definately grab a lonestar before he blows up. :wink:
Well, as soon as he stops making his stems so damn thin. lol j/k

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Spartan, I knew somebody would give me a hard time over that post...Shoulda figured it would be you :nana: Seriously though, my first concern is about how a pipe smokes, and I'm definitely happy with that part !

Bigvan is right too, Rad was awesome. I think he showed my cutty to as many people as I did :D

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Holy crapballs, dude! Those are freaking awesome! They would be awesome if they were your 51st and 52nd pipe! Wow, man. You definitely have a career ahead of you as a pipe maker. Nice work!

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
@lonestar
Thanks. I want to start with a drilled kit. My shop skills are very limited. I believe there are various places that sell these. Need to get a few tools but don't know which ones i will need

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
You definitely have a career ahead of you as a pipe maker.
I hope so :D I'm counting on it, whether its true or not :puffy: Thanks for your vote of confidence !
Prof, the best investment you can make is a $35 1"x30" belt sander (harbor freight is a good place if you have them) and a bunch of good files. Get a couple round chainsaw files, and some smaller flat files. Sandpaper and stain, a little carnauba wax and your set.

I can drill a kit for you, just PM me when you're ready.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
That is a pretty damn beautiful cutty. Love the shape on that and the slight bend and is that a slightly different radius on the front than the back? Because if it is that's a gorgeous design choice.

Feel free to send me a sample of your work...I'd happily critique it. :lol:
By the way...just what would you charge for a kit?

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
The pipe kit, I'd probably ask the standard $25 for, but you could customize what shape/stem you'd like your pipe to be.

Theres two lines that come up from the shank and run down the sides of the bowl, seperating the front from the back on the cutty. Heres a couple more pics of that pipe.

mypipes023.jpg

mypipes015.jpg

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Hmm I may have to take advantage of an attractive offer like that sometime...maybe even soon.
Not quite what I thought it was at first but that hardly even matters. It does a great job of really setting off the design and adds a great amount of visual appeal. I not usually particularly crazy about the cutty shape but that is a beautiful take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.