PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
@phred Agreed, when I saw it, I knew she was going to be my first. *cackles and tents fingers*

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site and you have some very nice looking pipes. I hope they are all great smokers for you. To get rid of smoke smell, get some Ozium Original Scent, it will kill any smell quickly. If you want to smoke in your apartment, just spray the Ozium in your vents and at your front door before and after smoking, no one should be the wiser. The Lampe Bergere's also work very well but are not cheap.

progger

Lurker
Dec 31, 2012
@cigrmaster Thank you very much, I am pleased indeed.
@kris Glad to be here, feels like the home I never knew I had. I will keep up on the pics and ensure that the quality goes up on them too!
@ejames Good ser, thanks for the welcome...I am floored with how kind and warm this group is. You have a lifer in me! Talk about a great first impression! As far as the collection goes, I am quite happy yet fighting the itch. A few Brigham's, Nording's and J.M. Boswell's have caught my eye.
@shawn Much appreciated good ser!
To let you all know, just about half way through a bowl of Sherlock in the Peterson and I have to say the verdict is that it's an excellent smoker! The pipe itself seems as though it was made for my mouth and I think it has to do with the p-lip. It hangs pefect for a no handed smoke with the smallest bite letting it mostly just hang off it's lip on my teeth. Stands up of the goatee pillow when I give it a firm chomp on the bit. Burns wonderfully with some minor tamping.
Now on to this fine tobacco, Sherlock tastes wonderfully complex with a bunch of different notes, never betraying it's Virginian & Burley heritage. I find myself thinking of the days when my grandfather was alive and how I always gravitated to that wonderful aroma. Now I have no idea if I am packing it right but it seems to be doing well. Not a hint of bite, soft and smooth on the tongue with a lasting (and pleasing) flavour in the mouth. I have a feeling this one is going to be a long time favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.