PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
So I just happened to take a look at the new Savinelli's on smokingpipes.com when I happened to come across this pipe. I've been looking for a pot or a prince or any other shape that is very wide with a shallow bowl for smoking my english/balkan blends. I'd like a second just for Aro's but 1 is enough for now. My wife's going to complain although it's only 64 bucks. This is going to be my biggest pipe yet.
Length: 6.02 in./152.91 mm. Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.

Bowl Height: 1.64 in./41.66 mm. Chamber Depth: 1.22 in./30.99 mm.

Chamber Diameter: 1.02 in./25.91 mm. Outside Diameter: 1.94 in./49.28 mm.

Stem Material: Vulcanite Filter: None

Shape: Bent Pot Finish: Rusticated

Material: Briar Country: Italy
002-033-12454.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Congrats on your new pipe. I think you'll enjoy the Savinelli and consider adding more to your collection. I have many and consider them to be a great value.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
they smoke great. I have savinelli baronet bruyere 114ex large billard. I love it. you made a good purchase sir.
mike.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get it. My first bowl is going to be some Penzance.
I think with a pipe that big I'm starting to get into Bradley's territory. I know he loves big pipes.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I bought that exact same pipe about 6 months ago. Wait till you actually get your hands on it, the bowl on that pipe is HUGE!!! Because of the size of the bowl however, it does take some practice and experimenting with packing techniques as the tobacco has a tendency to burn a little unevenly.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
That is a beauty mate. juvat270 is correct about the "pot" burning unevenly though. I have a huge Sav an I have to be careful to keep the sides tamped down a bit.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Thanks for the info Juvat and Fisher.
I usually try to tamp the sides down a little more than the middle and make it more of a mound. I'll have to experiment and see how that pipe works best.
Juvat what kinds of blends do you usually smoke in your pipe?

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
What a coincidence. My first Sav from docwatson arrived yesterday in the mail also:
thumbnail.php

thumbnail.php

Thanks again doc; she's a sweet smoker! And congratulations on your new Sav fitzy looks great; I hope it smokes as well or better than mine.

bbarnes

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
Mississippi
Thanks guys! I had a hard time deciding between smooth or rusticated. I'm loving the pipe though. Smoked a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap out of it as soon as the UPS guy left.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Wow, looks like Andy has a run on Savi's on Briarbid lol. I picked up his Peterson bulldog and love it.
But yeah: Savinelli: I've got me an Antique Shell bent pot sitter, a Varese Billiard, and a Roma Canadian and they ALL smoke beautifully.
The billiard has a few less than artful fills, but I've got an idea for a partial rustication that should fix that right up. Good smoker though.
Hooray for reasonably priced Italianos! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.