PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Tonight I found an old jar about half full of a tobacco I must have bought a long time ago and forgot about. It was from the Tinder Box and was noted; "Burley Light" I'm pretty sure it's by Lane.

I loaded up a bowl and holy-cow, it was about as tasteless as steam. Dumped it, got the jar and added about 5% Latakia to it and mixed it up,.....much better.

I'm gonna let it set for a while and see if it's salvageable.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
:) I think it'll be just fine to smoke while washing the car or cleaning out the garage. Beats throwing it out.
Someone informed me this morning that he had also tried Lane's Burley Light Without a Bite...and although he agreed with my critique of the stuff he suggested that it was shame that I had wasted even a tiny bit of Latakia on it.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Enjoying several burley blends as I do, a while back I decided to try my Grandfather's favorite burley, Prince Albert. From what I understand is a straight burley.

After several bowls it I decided it just wasn't for me, I didn't care for it, not because of the "codger blend" tag it wears but because it just seemed to lack any depth.
Rather than toss it out or stash it away for a while, I figured it was so inexpensive that I had nothing to lose, got out a measure and added 5% Perique and %5 Latakia to it....we'll see how that goes.
Like the above mentioned Burley Light Without a Bite + Latakia, maybe it'll make a good car-washing, leaf-raking smoke,...we'll see, I just find it really hard to throw tobacco out.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I try to avoid Latakia as much as possible. I think its richness makes everything else seem thin by comparison.

Back when I smoked mostly English blends I found myself "locked into" that genre because nothing else had

Latakia's body and depth. Now my world has really expanded because I enjoy everything but Latakia,

and my palate has fully recovered. I don't see how Latakia smokers can enjoy the delicacies of a Va flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.