PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
Sutliff Crumble Kake Rustica Barrel Aged No. 5

The tin note is of a tangy citrus and rum.

The tobacco comes a bit dried to my liking. Easy to rub kake that produces easy to manage crumbs. It lit very easily and the first note I detected was of an earthy sweetness with a taste of chocolate and rum. Continuing to the middle of the bowl the nicotine hit was a tad stronger than what I'm used to. It produced a nice buzz without a sickening feeling. The flavors and aroma stayed consistent throughout the entire smoke. I had a few relights and does not leave a bite. Overall I really enjoyed this tobacco.

4/5 stars
Pipe used: Peterson Aran 150
Strength 3.5/5
Taste 5/5
Nicotine Hit 3.5/5
Room Note: Pleasant

Last edited:
Nice review. I used to have a prof that would fail any paper with a single misspelling, and this was before computers. Dude had me stressed out all year.

I'm surprised that this one wasn't any stronger than that. I haven't gotten any of the Sutliff or MB Rusticas yet. I just have soooooo much tobacco already. But, Rustica is one of my favorites.

Reactions: dunnyboy

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
Nice review. I used to have a prof that would fail any paper with a single misspelling, and this was before computers. Dude had me stressed out all year.

I'm surprised that this one wasn't any stronger than that. I haven't gotten any of the Sutliff or MB Rusticas yet. I just have soooooo much tobacco already. But, Rustica is one of my favorites.
Misspellings happen so I don't look too far into it.

It was really mild compared to Five Brothers. That's my nicotine baseline lol.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

bpinkstaff

Might Stick Around
Apr 2, 2024
Rockton, il
Sutliff Crumble Kake Rustica Barrel Aged No. 5

The tin note is of a tangy citrus and rum.

The tobacco comes a bit dried to my liking. Easy to rub kake that produces easy to manage crumbs. It lit very easily and the first note I detected was of an earthy sweetness with a taste of chocolate and rum. Continuing to the middle of the bowl the nicotine hit was a tad stronger than what I'm used to. It produced a nice buzz without a sickening feeling. The flavors and aroma stayed consistent throughout the entire smoke. I had a few relights and does not leave a bite. Overall I really enjoyed this tobacco.

4/5 stars
Pipe used: Peterson Aran 150
Strength 3.5/5
Taste 5/5
Nicotine Hit 3.5/5
Room Note: Pleasant
Thank you, great review!

Reactions: Old Smokey