PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/6237/forum-pics-0922-600x240.jpg This is my first try , and I would like some feedback . I will only attempt a restore on my personal smokers , and I now see how addicting it is to try to bring these puffers back to life . This is the before pic. , of course .

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I tried to stretch the pic on my iPad but it didn't help. Do you have a bigger pic? At this size it looks like the rim is charred still, I think...

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
forum-pics-093-150x108.jpg
After 4 hours , lol .

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Aha, that makes more sense. Still a smallish pic, but looks pretty good!

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
IRC import called Brymat . It is a french import . Thanks for the kind words , I usually work on guitars and drums . This is much more tedious .

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I need to get my Savinelli Alligator done , it has a few dings on the bowl rim from hitting the concrete . I just hate to send it out and never see it again lol .

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Cajundad:
Even if the pix are a bit smallish, you've done a Yeoman's job bringing this burner back to life.
It's a grand feeling, isn't it?
Fnord

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice work! It is a little difficult seeing the progress, it's enough to see that you accomplished a lot. I've tried my hand at minor restoration work, enough to have major respect for those who restore pipes on a regular basis. It's difficult and tedious work.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Well done cajundad :) The best part begins when you start "tuning" your pipes ;-) You know, 4mm exhaust for better gurgle sound and adding some spoilers around the rim :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.