PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeharvey

Lurker
Nov 18, 2013
That's an absolute beauty. I'm always on the lookout for a bargain Dunhill so I'm super jealous. Happy smoking.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very nice! I love the Cumberland finish. Once you get used to that Dunhill button/stem, you might not want to go back to your other pipes!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
You stole that one. Great looking classic, glad to hear you enjoy how it smokes. That pipe probably retailer for around 350.00 - 400.00 in 96. You should ask our resident Dunhill expert foggymountain about prices back then, he has been buying new Dunhills longer than most of us have been around.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's well below market price. Handsome pipe, classic Dunhill, Cumberland and all. You may never

close quite that sweet a deal again. Or, would you be my pipe broker?

Aug 14, 2012
A good buy, and it leaves you a lot to look forward to. That is because the Cumberland is probably the worst tasting Dunhill. If you like it you will love the others. The black shell is also bad (bitter) tasting. The County is their best tasting sandblast. All the smooth Dunhills are good tasting except a not broken in Chestnut, which has the same stain as a Cumberland, but not as much. I am speaking about the taste when new. They do get much better when fully broken in.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
That's a beautiful pipe you've got there. I especially love the stem. It would go well with a pair of vintage tortoiseshell RayBans

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Jimmyh:
Foggy has a discerning palette which, thankfully, most of us lack. The man can taste stains. Pure and simple.
I've been hanging around here long enough to believe that he walks in truth and light and I'm damned grateful that my senses are not nearly as acute as his.
You scored a great looking, highly collectible burner for a c-note. Well done and welcome to the forums.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.