PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
castello-0816-600x448.jpg

Just received it today, and am smoking it now. It is light as a feather with a nice draw. Thanks and Kudos to Marty Pulvers.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Unsmoked it seems? Castellos are great pipes in my experience. Stem work is not what you'd expect on a North American artisan pipe, but they smoke crazy good and taste perfect with every tobacco. My collection has drifted to Castellos over every other brand in the last few years, I really think they are good pipes.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Congratulations on the Castello estate!

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Nice! I only have 1 Castello, but it is one of my favorites. The grain is beautiful on your new pipe. Enjoy!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
That one is a beauty!! Unsmoked??

I have a few, and agree with Jeff- "I think estate Castellos are the best bang for your pipe buck." Enjoy that one!.. :puffy:

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Thanks, everyone.
The pipe is small for a Castello at 5" but that is my style. It says Castello "Castello" KK in a circle on the side and made in cantu Italy. The bottom has Carlo scotti in a oval. It says Castello handmade on the stem. There is no shape number that I can see.
It looks as though someone smoked maybe half a bowl in it, and I was the beneficiary of this use.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
And you can NEVER go wrong buying a pipe from Pulvers Briar.
In an industry noted for its good people, Marty is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.