PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
St. Arnold's Brewery has released its seasonal pumpkin ale the "pumpkinator!" I cannot recommend this highly enough. I don't usually drink beer but I LOVE this stuff... Get a bottle or nine for yourselves...

Jan 8, 2013
Oh my, oh my... from the title, "My Fellow Texans!" I thought this was a call to arms or something! Maybe even a call to secession. Maybe we were doing the Alamo part 2! I had no idea! But hell, I was about to grab my old Come And Take It flag and march to join you! Alas it wasn't anything as dramatic as that, but hey, a pumpkin ale sounds grand :)
Flag-Come-and-Take-It-old.jpg

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
The original release of this beer "Divine Reserve #9" was absolutely subliminal. I hope to run across this rebranding of it.

B

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
I miss Texas, and I miss St. Arnolds! And Whataburger too. I'm currently in upstate NY, but I get back to the promised land about once a year.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
You Texicans are onto something down there in the Lone Star State, pumpkin flavored beers notwithstanding.
I truly admire your public embrace of certain liberties disappearing throughout other parts of our country.
Anthony, your flag is wonderful and thank you for sharing it.
Fnord
P.S. Pipebow88, WTH have you been, bub?

F.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Might check that one out. I like St.Arnold quite a bit but being in the Austin area spoils me when it comes to beer selection.
I'm generally a hop head so flavored brews aren't my thing. Give me a 100 IBU DIPA though and now we're talking :)

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Jim, just got busy for a while. Was on a job hunt something strong, trying to get away from a dead end job that has been a little misery. Finally pulled that off, and today is my final day. A new beginning on Monday and I am so ready. A better situation all around. I'll be back around more again as before. Haven't even fired a pipe up in a month I've been so busy. I've missed it and am looking forward to getting back to it. Tonight will require a special beverage(Macallan 18 most likely), and a good smoke to follow.

B

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
God bless a Texas, Remeber Goliad, Remeber the Alamo, Come and Take It, Final Victory at the Battle of San Jacinto, I love Texas

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I have to admit one of my favorite beers was Austin's Celis White - a wheat beer. It is excellent with food and tastes way better if you don't read it's flavored with orange peel and coriander, but alas! frigging Miller bought the Celis Brewing Company and shut it down. Bastards.
The American microbreweries make some excellent beer, though I do have a preference for Belgian beers.
@sandoval: I'm sure you've tried Dogfish Head's 120 Minute IPA (not the 60 or 90), if you're a hophead. I asked the beer guy at the liquor store what the best beer he had was, and he went in the back and brought out four 120s. They were sold in single 12oz bottles, not even 4-packs, and were $6 each. He said he had two more, but he was keeping them for himself! I bought my four and went ahead and bought the two for him, and I got treated like royalty from then on.
It's continuously hopped for a two hour boil, then dry-hopped daily for a month, then aged for another month on whole-leaf hops! It's hoppy. It also has alcohol in it, which varies from 15% to 20%. Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA, and you may have to sweet talk the beer guy to bring it out from the back :)

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Simnett $6 per bottle for 120 Minute is a great buy. Normally runs $10-$12 per bottle here.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.