My Father and Uncle are now Pipe Smokers!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
So, after a recent post where I stated that my father and uncle were both encouraging in my pipe smoking endeavours, I can now say that I have finally convinced them to join the ranks!
My uncle had promised (before I started) that if I learnt to smoke a pipe, he would join me, smoking a pipe that was gifted to him years earlier. He has finally made good on that promise, and is bringing his pipe the next time we see each other.
My father was certainly intrigued by my pipe, but showed no real interest to start... Until a friend of his, also a pipe smoker, sat him down and introduced him! He loved it, and I think I'll surprise him with a pipe for his birthday later this month...
Perhaps this means I'm allowed to pull the trigger on a pipe I've had my eye on too (in celebration)? :puffy:

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Average, if now isn't a good excuse to pull the trigger then there never will be. Enjoy your future gatherings

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
NOTHING LIKE a GOOD excuse for a new pipe. Its kinda lame BUT I WHOLE HARTLY AGREE and LIKE IT!
Next good reason advice would be if you go pipe shopping with him like a mother and daughter do for shoes. Be careful though that your inheritance does not go to his potential new found PAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.