PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Good ideas crash. That 30 minute/half bowl mark does tend to throw it off a bit. I reckon it's about the point where your tighter pack up top meets with the looser pack beneath and they don't really meld together very well. Have to make sure that layer catches and burns before slowing back down.
Voorhees, I don't plan on talking to a soul or I know I'll let it snuff out on me. That's a pretty good long time and sounds like a decent prize. I have to use the pipe I carved for the competition, so who knows. It has to be presented as an unsmoked pipe, then we use that for the contest. It's anybody's guess as to how this thing is going to smoke. Could be great, could be a dud.
I think I'll ease into it pretty well too, provided I'm not that first goober to peter out. Still not sure if you use a filter or not. I think this one could accommodate one, but I haven't looked at it too closely. Not sure how much of a difference that makes from user to user, but I'm used to not using a filter at all.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, crash, you have considered this all in depth. Aspects I've never thought of, sensing the middle of the bowl, speeding up slightly, going by the temperature of the smoke -- it sounds a little like a Forumula 1 race. carolina', give us a report on how it goes with some pertinent details. I can't imagine having conversation during a smoking contest. As with any competition, there are likely some naturals who can't smoke a pipe in less than an hour and half if they try.

Status
Not open for further replies.