PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
Hi Everyone
It has being a long time since I post something or visited the site due to continuance business travel or trainings.

Just returned from one week training in Istanbul where me and my colleagues experience a tough session’s for the whole week as we start at 8:00AM and finish at 6:00PM while most shops closes at 7:00PM.

The only chance I got is at the last day of the training where we finish at 2:00PM as I catch the chance and visited Grand Bazar to hunt for two meerschaum Pipes if I got lucky.

My findings:

- 95% of the pipes are low quality and you can easily notice it even without experience

- Low quality pipes are not branded (without name/signature) and few have clear cracked

- You have to start bargaining with the sales and be tough about out.

- Make sure you have the time for bargaining (even though I manage to reduce the price by 180 LT I was sure that I can get more but due to limited time I just buy the pipe the like most)
- Meerschaum Pipe from Grand Bazar, Please share your experiance of this brand

- Tobacco from Duty Free on my way home (Please share your experience if you have smoked (Mac Baren Black Ambrosia / Danske Club Black Luxury / W.O.Larsen Black Diamond)

Thanks for passing buy

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Very cool looking claw pipe... There are a lot of guys that don't like the carved stuff, but it really is a great medium for carving especially the way they color when you smoke them... My opinion at least. Congrats, meers are great smokers.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Good to see you here again arab - and great looking meer, and pretty cool you picked it up at the Grand Bazaar - that alone makes it a good purchase. As for meers in general, I only own two, but like them a lot.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Arab good to see you back!
I hope you enjoy your new pipe. I haven't smoked any of those tobaccos but the warnings always give me a chuckle.
WARNING: Smoking causes you to kick puppies and drown any kittens around you.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome back Arab. That is a very nice looking meer, I hope it is a great smoker for you. I also have no experience with any of those blends, hopefully you will like them all.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Looks like you've got a very nice pipe there. I LOVE it and have wanted a Claw Pipe since I started smoking in Nov 12. Still looking for one.

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi Arab,

In Turkey in domestic market you can not find good meerschaum pipes.it is very rare to find a good one.because master artisans are all work for international market through a few companies.

Grade of block and grade of workmanship should be around 3-4 out of 6 .

Anyway meerschaum is meerschaum :)

Congratulations

Regards,

B.B

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
Beautiful pipe I have been eyeing one myself. But is going to have to wait (BooHoo). Congratulation on your new pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.