PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Mouthwash with certain ingredients (found in most) has been linked to mouth cancer. What's my point?
We will never see after school specials and commercials during sports about the dangers of mouthwash.
Cancer Centers aren't going to pour their money into anti mouthwash research
The annoying lady behind you in the checkout line at the grocer isn't going to say "tsk, you KNOW that's bad for you..."
Just saying...

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
ugh..seriously? You're just going to throw that out there, all vague-like? Which ingredients do you speak of? My laziness is not wanting to go look this up.

w4ti

Lurker
Mar 28, 2014
If I had to guess, OP is trying to link smoking and alcohol, a main ingredient within mouthwash, as precursors for causing oral cancer. The thinking usually goes, "well, why is it that I can drink booze but not be in the same risk class as someone who both drinks and smokes," or something along those lines.
-w4ti

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
I just spent the weekend at a bachelor party with some pipe smoking friends. Along for the ride were two very vehement anti smokers. It was very frustrating! Though I educated them as much as I could, they are the type that must always be right. Ugh.
This is the stuff you don't hear about. Funny how the press demonizes what society tells them to, but never touches things the government doesnt make astink of. Makes you wonder, what else are they ignoring?

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I read that lack of social interaction can cause health problems similar to smoking fifteen cigarettes per day.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
^ yeah, and not exercising is the equivalent to smoking 2 packs of cigs a day

pipesdownunder

Might Stick Around
Nov 3, 2013
Weight is the one that gets me. Pretentious fat people, saying how bad smoking if for you. Wish I could pull out an artery and squeeze out all the fat for them :)

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Bulletsnbriar: That's basically my go to list for social red flags! And chefs who don't smoke for that matter. Can a man without a knife still be called a man?

M

mrsal

Never trust a skinny chef, a vegetarian, a ballerina, a woman who drives a Dodge Neon, a man without scars, or a man without a knife.
All of these inspired by actual experience.
My ex drove a Dodge Neon... There is a reason she's my ex!
Weight is the one that gets me. Pretentious fat people, saying how bad smoking if for you. Wish I could pull out an artery and squeeze out all the fat for them :)
Indeed! Having just lost upwards of 50lbs myself (Joining the Navy, and they told me I was too fat!), I hate it when "Larger" people complain about my pipes. If they want to keep eating big macs, I'm going to keep smoking my Briar Fox!

glwanabe

Lurker
Nov 23, 2013
Well they better outlaw BBQ then as well. The meat is smoked, and then you eat it, and it's quite tasty! Where's the warning for that product?

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
@ruger only if he left it at home! And even then hes still not to be trusted.
@mrsal My worst road rage experience happened with a woman in a Dodge Neon, and a girl I was very close with (platonically) pulled a Judas on me when I least suspected it. She drove a Dodge Neon. I took the hint from there haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.