PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That's tricky. The mold I had in some of my tins, were fuzzy mold like you would find from leaving food out for too long.

The plume I have on some blends, is shiny, like crystals....

Yours is.... Neither...

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
That's tricky. The mold I had in some of my tins, were fuzzy mold like you would find from leaving food out for too long.

The plume I have on some blends, is shiny, like crystals....

Yours is.... Neither...
Yeah it's almost like "dead plume". Lol

Reactions: didimauw

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hmm, Indian leaf in that one. Indian bloom? Tricky, doesn’t look like mould to me but what if it is? If in doubt, chuck it out…..or maybe not.
Somebody more familiar with Indian leaf will hopefully chime in.

• Haha
Reactions: gervais

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
It doesn't really brush off. Seems to be stuck to it. It is only where they sliced the plug up. The inside is nice and clean looking. Maybe I can just cut the questionable stuff off, lol
if it's mold or fungus the visible part is just that the visible part. It's basically the "fruit" just like an apple isn't the whole tree. The fuzz is not the whole organism. I.e. just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Hmm, Indian leaf in that one. Indian bloom? Tricky, doesn’t look like mould to me but what if it is? If in doubt, chuck it out…..or maybe not.
Somebody more familiar with Indian leaf will hopefully chime in.
Id like to associate mold with a foul odour of some sort, and webs. which this does not have to my sense. What to do, what to do

Reactions: anotherbob

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
It doesn't really brush off. Seems to be stuck to it. It is only where they sliced the plug up. The inside is nice and clean looking. Maybe I can just cut the questionable stuff off, lol
Works with cheese lol. I thought it was mold in the pic but if you say it won't brush off, now im sure its mold. I'd toss it, but I doubt it would hurt ya. I lean towards the cautious side of things. I like using glass jars not tins. The other day I noticed a jar that looked foggy. I opened the lid to dry it out before it was mold. It would have died in the tin.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Id like to associate mold with a foul odour of some sort, and webs. which this does not have to my sense. What to do, what to do
What to do? Wait! Wait until someone who smokes Dark Plug all the time gives it the thumbs up or down.
Don’t want to wait? Then smoke it in haste & repent at your leisure….possibly.
Not much help I know but you did ask. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: gervais