PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Many places have co-ops which go out and find sustainable healthier raised meats and often other food

products like vegetables, seafood, butter, lard, etc. There's no guarantee, and people throw around

monikers like natural and organic to sell food products. But many or most co-ops are making a serious

effort to upgrade what you eat, at a not huge extra cost. Most of these co-ops focus on locally produced

food and smaller family farms which can produce in a more healthful way and need to, to maintain their

market niche. This isn't a cure-all, but it is one approach to trying to eat food with actual nutritional

content and without serious contamination issues. Most chain restaurants buy food without regard to

its sources. Think agribusiness farms, many overseas, coated in pesticides, and meat entirely from suspect

industrial confinement and feedlot sources. This is not really food; it is a food substitute aimed at sales.

Little food value is present. Also true of most corn and soy based processed food products, many of them

made with genetically modified crops. Ingredients are listed with the highest percent first, so anything with

fructose or other synthetic sugars in the first two or three ingredients is probably without much nutritional

value. Eat variety. No tuna sandwich four lunches a week, maybe twice a month. Seasonal vegetables are

fine if you buy them at a farm stand from the farmer; you can overeat those, if you feel secure they are

local and not pesticide laden. In my opinion.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
People are getting sicker, developing more allergies, since cutting back on animal protein.
Every person I know that has a gluten allergy boasts of never eating red meat.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Personally, I just try to eat locally. I think that is much more important than be vegetarian, vegan, or what have you. Fortunately for me, I live in the heart of beef country and veggies don't grow all that well in the winter.

Aug 14, 2012
Chemicals are good

Caffeine is good

Fat is great

The more additives the more you get for your money

Vegetables and fruits are bad for your digestion

Fresh fish could kill you--better fried and frozen

Fried foods, especially donuts are best for your health
Don't believe what you read.

Status
Not open for further replies.