PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Whoops.
I only linked to this OLD thread because of the pipe's resemblance to the Charatan in a NEW thread, not to put it back into circulation.
My apologies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
So have you smoked that pipe?
I have indeed. :D
One day this past Fall it spoke to me and I couldn't refuse. No drama, no hesitation, no ceremony. I just realized the perfection had been fully appreciated and it was time to move the relationship forward.
Glad it happened, too, because it's a damn fine little tobacco cooker. Super comfy, tastes great. No shortcomings at all. About a hundred bowls through it so far, I'd guess.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
That's a really attractive, classic looking billiard. Very nice image capture as well. :puffy:
Waitaminute! This pipe kinda reminds me of something I just saw ...
And with that, the pipesmagazine forum has created its first Mobius Strip thread. :lol:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
He could have made an amazing Elephants Butt out of the same block, now that would be stunning :lol:
I Googled "elephant butt" and got this.
MnyBIkM.jpg

I'm not sure a pipe fashioned after such an, um... object would be clenchable, Ryan.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
And there you have it! From the sublime to the ridiculous...expect nothing less on the PM forum. :lol:
Nothing ridiculous about it. Ryan is one of America's rising star carvers, and dismissing his design ideas mustn't be done lightly. While unusual, his (apparent) fascination with elephantine posterior rotundity deserves our attention.
Perhaps he'll post a sketch? :mrgreen:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nothing ridiculous about it. Ryan is one of America's rising star carvers, and dismissing his design ideas mustn't be done lightly. While unusual, his (apparent) fascination with elephantine posterior rotundity deserves our attention.
Of course he's no Chris Asteriou.....:)

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Of course he's no Chris Asteriou.....
I dunno. Some women prefer the strong, silent, Texas gentleman type to the mysterious Mediterranean artiste/moviestar sort. Might be a toss-up, there.
Oh, wait. You're talking about pipe making. :lol:
In which case it's not apples to apples. Very different visions, plus Chris has been at it twice as long.

pipedreamin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2016
WOW, at this point in time I don't particularly gravitate towards billiards but that up there is a stunner. Crisply photographed too! Glad to hear you succumbed to enjoying its tobacco cooking qualities.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, I met Ryan, so I can tease him, right? I'm not sure which pipe I enjoy more, it's a toss up and both put a big grin on my face each time I pull one out of the case.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Well, I met Ryan, so I can tease him, right?
In principle, yes.
Best done from a safe distance, though. (The guy on the left is 6'2" and 185 pounds. The guy on the right is Ryan.)
BO7C1r9.jpg

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I Googled "elephant butt" and got this
Perfect ! No sketch necessary, that right there is ready for a stamp and a pipe sock. As Nate King would say, "Ship It!!!"
PS; that is absolutely not me in the picture, lest anyone be confused. I eat way too many burritos to ever look like that guy haha. At least George is posting flattering fake picture of me, instead of some big Green Ogre. Though I'm sure his mouse is already hovering over a picture of one as I type :D

Status
Not open for further replies.