PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Especially when they need money!!
My Grandad would give me a dollar here and a dollar there when I was little. I wish I would have saved a few of those dollars from him. Grown kids needing a dollar to get their car fixed when they are eating out every night is a different story.
I have one adult daughter in the service, Army National Guard, she is a good kid, never asks me for anything, maybe she is smart. The others ask and ask until I had to finally say no. Now they barely call me on the road or speak to me at all.
"oh daddy daddy I love you" only works when you have your wallet open. I have all girls so its hard to say "man up" but I am doing the best I can.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
My son is more educated than me,but I've been around longer and learned more from experience.We help each other a lot we're great friends now.He was a teenager once though.We had some moments.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Ya too true. I think I have said on here that there is nothing more miserable than a teen. It is hard to believe that at the teen age, we knew everything there was to know about the entire world. Glad we outgrew it, and so will they.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Just like your parents said, " I can't wait until you have your own kids".

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My 22 year old son freely admits that I do know what I am talking about some of the time. My 17 year old son thinks he knows it all, but he still does what I tell him. My 18 year old daughter never gives me any headaches, and my ten year old daughter is still daddy's little girl. So far so good.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Profpar, somehow I completely missed your post... Anyway, I only remember it because a few years ago I saw Hal Holbrook as Mark Twain. It was as hilarious as it was amazing at how well Holbrook captured the "meaning" of Twain's words and brought them to life. As it stands, my post wasn't the absolute correct quote so as to fix it...
Mark Twain once said:
“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”
-Jason

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@cigrmaster you are blessed. My kids are great, don't missunderstand, just standard teenagers. All weekend my new neighbors have invited themselves here with there two hellions I mean children...I remember why I tolerate the teenagers I have now.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Me and my dad aren't on the best of terms, but my mom and I get along well. Most of the parental chaos started when I was about ten. I was very rebellious from then, up until about 20. I have a book that I should dig out of storage and read. It's titled something about getting along with your parents.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Chris, I feel your pain as many others here do. I once called my Dad to ask advice seeing as he raised me and I know I was a pain in the ass. My Dad laugher and all he said was "Grandkids are a Parents' revenge" :oops: and hung up. I looked at the phone for about 3 minutes until I realized what he was inferring. So payback is a bitch, and I cannot wait for my oldest to bring me her kids, (once she has some and is old enough) and I will pay her back. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.