Sherbrooke Quebec Canada
Nice! Thank for all those idea!

I might smoke my pipe the wrong way but I dont put the steam in my

Mouth, I just puff it like a cigarette (not the same puffing) but I only

Put the lip on the tip of the steam

redone

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2018
I have 4 cobs and love them. Prefer using the forever stems with them. Good investment.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I was thinking that to spend $26 USD on a stem for a nigh-disposable pipe is a bit out of whack, but those stems are sharp. And I guess you can just toss the pipe and replace it with a new one!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Big fan here, and love the original stems.
20180224_002736.jpg

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
Like a lot of guys,the first pipe I smoked was a MM cob. I still smoke them often now. I prefer a vulcanite Forever Stem and unfinished cobs.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
I dedicate my cobs as my briars per blend type also. IMHO, the un-varnished cobs seem to smoke a bit cooler.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I might smoke my pipe the wrong way but I dont put the steam in my

Mouth, I just puff it like a cigarette (not the same puffing) but I only

Put the lip on the tip of the steam
You risk getting saliva down the stem. The button is designed to go past the teeth into the mouth.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I am a big fan of cobs and my 3 Meers. I smoke a briar for specific blends but I love my CG and it's my go to pipe.

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
A small hole appeared in the bottom of my MM Eaton. Anything you all recommend with which to plug it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
MM cobs are shamelessly forgiving, seem to go out less than other pipes, and will often burn with good flavor to the bottom of the bowl.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
A small hole appeared in the bottom of my MM Eaton. Anything you all recommend with which to plug it?
The best way is to take $5 to the drugstore and buy a new one. You should get some change back. If you're really cheap, you can plug the hole with some plaster of paris. Good luck.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Can anyone say if the the forever stems take 6mm filters? I've been wanting to get one for my great Dane cob but I smoke it with the filter cuz it's my camping/gardening/kayaking pipe and when I do those activities I tend to smoke fast and I like how the filter absorbs the excess moisture.

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
The forever stems don’t accept filters. They are nice, but I hear you about certain activities lending themselves to filtered smoking.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
1- Give a 12-24 hours break to my

Cob between smoke. I only smoke 2 bowls a day. Is it enough rest?
Yes.
2- I found that natural pipe smoke cooler than polished with Paris plaster. Is that what you guys are experiencing?
I've never bothered with that as I've not had a need.

3- I smoke Virginias and blended tobacco in the same pipes, I don’t find nothing wrong with that, what are your thoughts?
If it works for you then there's nothing wrong with it at all.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
I've never been able to detect any ghosting from smoking different tobaccos in the same pipe. But then I've probably burned off my taste buds from smoking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.