PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Haha Jamesrsmithjr soon i will convert haha, give me a few years of my wife yelling at me for expensive briars then i will be forced to. @tarak Isnt that how your supposed to smoke tobaccy? Warm it up from underneath like heroin? It would be a shame if i was doing it wrong this whole time....... :wink:

gigmaster

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
I am still smoking a few MMs I bought back in the 1970s. One in particular...the Bulldog, discontinued for quite some time, is till one of my favorite smokers. I bought it sometime in the 1980s. My oldest is a Legend, bought in 1972 for around $3.00 (I think). It was one of my first pipes, and still smokes great.
I've never had a burn-through. Other than just out and out breaking or losing them, all I have ever done is burn the rims, by over-filling them. You can fix that easily just by sanding the bowl down past the burned area.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I have 11 cobs, some with hardwood, some without. Those without I tap out, but don't dig out the left over ash/doddle right away. After a day, I go back and pick out the dried remains gently. Hope this advice helps. :puffy:

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
The aros w/all the casing will leave a gooey puddle on the bottom of any pipe, so much so that it will travel up the stem like a tar filled beverage. Maybe all that moisture soggyed up th bowl for you. After all,you are smoking out of a vegetable.

I myself have not had this experience; but i dont often smoke the areos.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Smoked a ton of aro tobacco in mine and they are all in great shape. Then again, I rotate my cobs just like I do briars. :D

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
MM cobs are one of my favorites. One of my oldies burned out near where the stem goes into the bowl; probably from smoking it down too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.