Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Some of the blending experiments Mentioned sound like fun....some not so much. :rofl:
I don't have a leftover jar at home. I tend to smoke the last little bit by itself or toss it on the top of a tin of a similar blend. :puffy:

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I've found that SG's Best Brown Flake to be the ultimate mixing tobacco. I use it in a mixed ration 50-50 with Penzance and 50-50 with Dunhills Early Morning Pipe. These two "blends" are my every day smokes.
BBF adds a nice VA flavor without drastically changing the other tobacco that your enhancing.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I don't really mix but I have been thinking about it. Closest thing I have is a mix of various flakes following the junk drawer dea. When I have a little something left in the pouch not enough for a bowl it goes in the jar. So far there is Escudo, Cut Virginia plug, Vintage capstan, brigadier campaign. Solani gold, and prob a few others. Haven't smoked it yet but it smells good.

jamesrsmithjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2015
I call it Flake Shake.
AFter folding and stuffing, I try to make up bullets of the pieces that fall off. When they are to small, into the Flake Shake jar. It's ever changing and purty darn good. A mix of DH Flake, SG FVF, NM 400, Escuro, NM 403, RM Scottish Cake, Lancer Slices, SG Balken Flake, MaB Latakia Flake. If it needs a kick, I have some blending Perique..
Ribbons and such are smoked until there is not much more then dust left, that goes into the next tin.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
For the last two or three years I've been saving my leftovers and putting it into a mason jar.

It consists of every matter of tobacco I have tried and there have been quite a few.
Eventually and some while in the future I'll have the nerve to take it into a pipe and give it a try

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Greyfoxactual, a lot of folks on the forum(s) swore by Wal/Hall, a mix of Carter Hall and Walnut. Well, Walnut went out of production but P&C has Russ' replacement blends "Chestnut" and "Chatham Manor". So, for your everyday home mix you might go with ChestMan?
Plugugly

Status
Not open for further replies.