PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Got my first cob pipe, a standard straight Missouri Meersham. $5 even out the door. My tobacconist is awesome - all his pipes and cigars end in zero cents or fifty cents, all taxes included. If something is marked $40, you give him two twentys and you're done. No $39.99 plus tax rubbish. Didn't know I was going to like a cob so much. Love the history too. I need some more! Stupid PAD.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I don't have a way to take pictures, no camera or cell phone. I believe I have to have 50 posts before I can post pictures, also. This will be number 24 :)

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I've got an old cob. Im talk like at least 20 years old. Its an estate cob. I wouldn't buy a cob used, but it came with a pipe rack, and it was the pipe rack I really wanted. It smokes great though

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
even with my briars and meerschams i find i reach for my old cob the most...

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Never gurgles, easy to clench, and tears aren't shed when you enevitably break them.
Love Thy Cob. :puffy:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
There's something romantic about it, like, for me a single shot shotgun. Behind the farmer's front door, blue collar, honest, working man's, food on the table, feed reliability N/A kind of deal. And five bucks! Thanks to you Yanks for making it :)

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
cobs r a staple, gotta have at least a couple. as for the shotgun, im totin same single shot 12 gauge that ive had for 27 yrs now. is my only gun and only one i shall ever want. wouldnt sell it for any amount

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
nsfisher, what is it? Mines an NEF Pardner 20ga I paid $98 for brand new. If we ever meet, I'll outshoot you, too :P

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I have an Ivor Johnson 16 Gauge single shot choked xtra full that still gets called into duty for Squirrels, and Turkey!! Lightest gun I own, shoots every time!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, I'd like a 16 too. My twenty's been out five times for hunting - one squirrel, one rabbit. Fixed MOD choke. It's light and points. I think I just hijacked this thread. I would have had a little frog on my left shoulder if it wasn't going to cost $100. Wouldn't have regretted it, either.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
i see alot of people bias to cobs not fancy enough not expencive enough ect i love my cob and they are great smokers

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I love my cobs. I am "fiddlin" around with a MM Great Dane Spool bent right now (pics when I'm done). As for the shotguns, I have my grandfathers Browning patent Remington 12 and a sweet H&R blond 20 single. Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.