PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As unrelenting as my posts have been, from time to time I am aware that though I have written a post, I failed to click the send and launched them into the zone of timeless silence. So if I sometimes appear to post a little to much, rest assured, I'm self-editing! I'll go back to see if anyone did a follow-up on my comment to realize that I didn't even follow up by clicking send. Anyone else do this from time to time, or is it yet another of my several (ahem) eccentricities?

Dec 28, 2015
I have done that with work emails so I am sure I have probably done it here as well. I think if anyone ever finds any unsent posts they should share them under this thread. It could result in some interesting conversation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hmmm. I assume if you don't click "send post," the post is deleted. Maybe they are in a server in Nevada.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
Haha, I have done this one time that I know of. I would probably do it more often if I posted more. :roll: :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Usually when I forget to click send I don't go back and try to reconstruct the post. I sort of feel it is a natural inhibition on my posting too much, so I let it go. I guess if I thought an idea was excellent in itself, I might try to repeat it. I do often pass on doing posts, when I am tempted to join the conversation but realize I'm not advancing the discussion.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
unfortunately I have the opposite problem, "Typing diarrhea." I think it, type it and then hit 'Send Post' before self editing.
I do often pass on doing posts, when I am tempted to join the conversation but realize I'm not advancing the discussion.

I admire your restraint MSO

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I do often pass on doing posts, when I am tempted to join the conversation but realize I'm not advancing the discussion.

I can relate. I lurked here for years before registering for similar reasons. :puffy:

More than just a few times, I have posted something thinking, "this will be funny," only to come back and find that it caused more problems than laughs. But, I have been known to write a long piece of something that felt like I was contributing, but then before I could post, I touch the screen somewhere and it redirects me to another page before I can hit send, which just might have been by some intelligent design built into the interwebs to prevent me from making a further mess, ha ha.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Good grief it just happened to me I think.
I just composed a long post expounding on my love for mcclelland 5100...hit "send post"...and...nothing.
Ugh.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes I get a green window telling me I'm working too fast, and when I go back and re-send, I find I have two duplicate posts and have to delete one. Fortunes of war, I guess.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The green notice is poorly done. It should be red, and tell one that the post has already been sent. I have to rein myself in when I see that damn thing. If able to do so, I then go to the forums list, and find that my post is done, and I can read it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.