Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheermeister

Lurker
Dec 2, 2012
Hey guys. So I bought a pipe stand with a little tobacco humidor. I have had it for a little bit now and to keep the tobacco a little moist I was told to put a slice of apple with the tobacco in the humidor. It has been working pretty well, but I just bought a couple of "small humidifiers". My question is this: do I just simply put the mini humidifier in with the tobacco or should I put it on the lid of the jar?

Thanks guys

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Personally, I wouldn't use a moisturizing disk or fresh fruit -- too much risk of promoting mold and fungus.

Anyway, tobacco doesn't need to be too moist, just soft and supple.

cheermeister

Lurker
Dec 2, 2012
I let it sit before and it felt and looked too dry. Was that just my inexperience or could it have been "too dry"?

cheermeister

Lurker
Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for your information as well as the welcome.

The size of the mini humidifier is the size you had mentioned and it is also aluminium. To use it do I need to put it in water first? Also how long would I need to soak it?

Thanks again.

Aug 14, 2012
Put a small piece cut off a sponge, wet (with water), on a small holder tray. I use a plastic tobacco can cover. Put that in the humidor on top of the tobacco. Check after about 12 hours and mix the tobacco up with your hands. If not moist enough, repeat. After re-humidifying let it sit for several days before smoking. That brings the taste back where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.