Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msjones99x

Lurker
Nov 15, 2017
I fell in love with a pipe & saw that it was on sale (with sale ending yesterday). I had to get it. It's a ways out of my normal price range but after staring at it for so long and waiting until late afternoon to give someone else a chance to get it, and no one buying it, I caved & bought it. Happy I did! I forgot how to post pics so here is the link:
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/mimmo-provenzano/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=229606&where=addtofavorites

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a totally cool looking pipe. I remember seeing it a while ago and thought it would be a great smoker. Congrats on a very nice addition to your collection.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thank heavens! I've read too many obituaries recently and feared we had lost another light.... Very interesting, this pipe, though not quite my preferred style!
002-704-0322_1.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I own 2 of his pipes, originally got interested in him because he comes from the same region in Italy I would have born in had my parents not come to the states before I was born and I can state they are fine smokers and his workmanship is top notch, enjoy it and congratulations.

banjo

azpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 25, 2015
a morta calabash with a briar cap, very interesting indeed

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I have a calabash from him and it's awesome! Not sure how morta differs from briar being broken in, maintenance etc. but with the normal care it should be killin'.
Here's a pic of mine, bought last year:

Mimmo Calabash

msjones99x

Lurker
Nov 15, 2017
Thank you, all, I just thought it was the neatest pipe when I first saw it. JPMCWJR, thank you for posting the picture. Banjo, I'm glad to see you recommend his work & maybe one day I can get another. I would love to have one or two more in my collection. Piano, that is a gorgeous pipe!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very cool, fabulous pipe...congrats...and may you have many, many years of wonderful smokes from it.

msjones99x

Lurker
Nov 15, 2017
Thanks for the comments. Cortez, I was just looking for one of those at Smokingpipes & they are sold out. Bummer!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It is a very nice pipe and it's a little smaller than typical at 5.44 inches but rather heavy a 2.4 ounces. For a guy who doesn't carve much Mimmo does exquisite work.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Morta does not require doing anything differently than regular briar. Just be gentle with the first couple bowls (don't heat the pipe up) and you will be fine. Congrats on your new addition!

msjones99x

Lurker
Nov 15, 2017
Thank you, Michael & kcghost. It is coming in tomorrow & I will be careful with not overheating it. I would never forgive myself if I did anything to harm this pipe; that would horrible! Nope, I want to do as Brian64 says & enjoy it for many years to come. I still would like to get a good stand for it. I checked with smokingpipes today & they have temporarily lost their supplier.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Ms. Jones, that is a beautiful pipe! I hope you enjoy it.
Azpipe, that picture of your dog makes me happy.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
msjones, talk about jumping in with both feet, A Custom morta calabash that is a work of art to boot!

I think you made an excellent choice on this pipe. :D

I think Mimmmo is very underrated in comparrison to other Italian pipe carvers,

His pipes are awsome and very affordably priced.

msjones99x

Lurker
Nov 15, 2017
Thank you, Aldecaker. LOL, I have to agree jeffro, I did jump on in & very happy I did. It is a work of art!

Status
Not open for further replies.