PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Finally made it to Milan Tobacconist in Roanoke, Virginia. It's a tad over an hour away from where I live and it was my first time there.

It is a very nice shop. Clean and well lit, the lady who helped me was gregarious and knowledgeable with regard to pipes and pipes tobacco. She was a great help when hard pressed to choose between the two finalists among several pipes I wanted. I am definitely going back!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds excellent. I've visited the area but not the pipe shop, beautiful country. Pipe shop owners and some staff are truly keepers of the flame.

Reactions: crawdad

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I have fond memories of spending summertime visits at my aunt & uncle's place on Buck Mountain Road, not far from there.

We used to shoot .22's against the hill in the back yard. Now there are townhomes at the top of that hill... ☹

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Milan's shop is very cool and fairly well stocked. A lady helped me when I was there as well, she was easy to deal with and knowledgeable. Definitely going back when I am in Roanoke and it's close to a great place to eat called Bernard's Gastropub & Eatery.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Finally made it to Milan Tobacconist in Roanoke, Virginia. It's a tad over an hour away from where I live and it was my first time there.

It is a very nice shop. Clean and well lit, the lady who helped me was gregarious and knowledgeable with regard to pipes and pipes tobacco. She was a great help when hard pressed to choose between the two finalists among several pipes I wanted. I am definitely going back!

What did you end up purchasing?

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
What did you end up purchasing?

I bought a Peterson XL14 Rhodesian Bent. I saw the night before online they had 40% off of select Peterson pipes and though I looked at a few others, it felt and looked great. They even threw in a big sample of their in-house Balkan blend for free. A great place to do business!

Reactions: jaytex1969
Status
Not open for further replies.