PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryepipe

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
Hi all,

I am an infrequent poster but a long term pipe smoker, Kirsten being a favorite in the rotation. I have several stem configurations with four wood and one meer bowl. A consistent observation, regardless of bowl or tobacco, is they are somewhat fussy getting to get to the bottom of the bowl nor do they happily burn to the edges thus requiring tending to to get it all smoked up. I don't get a metallic taste as some have described and love the drier experience in the tobacco because I am a wonderful saliva producer and tend to be a puffer.

Just got two bowls from Mike Brissett (www.my.execpc/~maddog92/pipes.com) and even with an unfinished bowl interior from the second smoke on it has been revelatory. Easy light, burns fully from top to the screw at the bottom, beautiful work and finish. Mike was a breeze to work with, offering a choice of size, shape and finish without hesitation. All this at a cost that is remarkably affordable and was delivered within minutes after I pressed send on the last email. Mike's bowls take a very good Kirsten experience to exceptional.

Be informed that I had to canabalize my existing bowls for the screw hardware as there are none to be had from Kirsten directly.

I don't qualify to post the old Kirsten bowls I have for sale here but they are available. I won't be smokin' those anymore....

ryepipe

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
jhimage

Status
Not open for further replies.