PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Looking at the weather right now and it looks like a gazebo may be the way to go for Saturday.

Rain and storms on and off all day. Hopefully that report will change by the weekend. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Rain under a large gazebo sounds cool, actually. It'll keep people who want to tell us smoking isn't permitted away.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
That may be all we have. I don't know of any lounges in the area or shops that allow smoking

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Well looks like we may luck out. I just checked the weather and it looks like there will be a gap in the rain between 1 and 4 this afternoon.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Thanks for that huntertrw! :lol:
I will be there too. Headed out to wash my truck right now...rain be damned!! lol

Seeya soon. :)

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Update. The parking lot I told you guys to meet is under construction. There is an open lot by the wyandotte library. The address is 45 vinewood. If anyone wants to pm me for a phone number I can give better directions. Sorry for the late update

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
The location we picked is a gazebo between the concession stand and log cabin. You can see it from the street

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
We had a great time! The weather was a little dodgy, but that kept down the competition for the gazebo. JKrug, Gambit,Sparrowhawk, and I were there, plus two of Gambit's pipe smoking friends who aren't Forum members. Pipes were smoked, acquisitions showed off; Sparrowhawk managed to buy a pipe even though we were not in a pipe shop. (Go figure!) We agreed that,for the next few months, we're going to stick with meeting in parks for general hanging out.

That being said, I checked my calendar, fellas, and I am indeed out of town on June 27, on the road for Drummond Island and a week-long family vacation. I'm not going to try to schedule a get-together; of course, that doesn't mean you guys can't. We'll meet in July; we can scout out locations until then.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That was a great get together for sure! Really liked the Meat Pie and Cerberus tobacco that you brought Jud. Thanks for that and the goodie bag. I like the park idea and Bishop Park sure was a nice park. :puffy:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A great experience! The light rain kept the park from getting crowded, so there were few other people under the gazebo. Great sample blends went around, some horse trading was done--hence how I got my Kaywoodie pipe, a 40 year old estate perfect for my pipe traveling case from Gambit (thanks for telling everyone, Jud), and to sweeten the deal JKrug had made me a beautiful 12 pipe rack that I got for a steal. (Notice how the individual spaces are staggered, so tips won't collide with each other, a clever touch.) Conversations ranged far and wide concerning the hobby, and just a good time was had by all.

PS: I was told some members go to Paul's Pipe Shop often, so if you want me to come along and spring for gas, send me a PM

img_0850-600x329.jpg

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
It was great hanging out with you guys. That pipe stand is gorgous!
Sparrowhawk I'll PM you next time we go to Pauls. I'm getting close to the end of my restorable pipes and need to get a few stems.

Status
Not open for further replies.