PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Looks like a great time.
Foggy, you have more tins in stock than all 3 pipe shops in my state combined. Impressive collection.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Great to see a face to go along with a name, Bruce, you have a fine smoking room there.....and you couldn't find a better guest to share it with. He is a man on a mission. Eventually, Al will meet every pipe smoker on the East Coast.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I don't know if enjoying some bowls with Bruce can be topped, but tonight I met and had dinner with "Ralph from New Jersey". Ralph writes a regular column in The Pipe Collector and we share similar interests beside chubby Rhodesian pipes. He has a wonderful cabin on Lake Greenwood in the NJ mountains. It's kind of eerie how much we share in common. He is showing me his billiard room, which is full of vintage racing posters from the 1970's and earlier. He has a 1958 Poster from the Grand Prix of Monaco on one wall. I laughed because I had just put that poster on my desktop.

Aug 14, 2012
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I would be pleased to have a smoke with Al any time. But my question is, am I dead? The pictures make me look like a ghost. There are so many tins because I prefer aged, and can't be bothered with Mason jars. Also, I worked for a tobacconist in high school, and love the look of that kind of shop.

Dec 24, 2012
It is well known that Al doesn't have a job.
He just drives around and shows up unannounced at the houses of forum members.
My sentries have orders to shoot on sight.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
My wife did ask me if I was really working the past two days. Days = yep. Nights = nope.
Foggy: don't forget, I just got back from Puerto Rico....

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I would be pleased to have a smoke with Al any time. But my question is, am I dead?
Direct flash is great for zombies but horrible for the living. Have the photog attach a white business card at a 45 degree angle upward in front of the flash to angle the discharge toward the ceiling. You can use a rubber band, paper clip, gum...probably a flake of fvf in a pinch...

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Nice pictures and it's great to put a face on two folks that I've had great dealings with in the past. I've got pipes from both Al and Foggy and they are some of the finest in my collection. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.