PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I feel I have to explain my self to people when i say I smoke a pipe...
"A tobacco pipe, not a weed pipe"
I know I shouldn't have to...
Lonestar's right, Here in the bay area, you can pretty much smoke anything in the open, just not tobacco!

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Yes, in the bay area we have a huge MMJ industry but you can get a ticket for smoking tobacco in certain towns. I have been going to a park to eat lunch, read a book and smoke my pipe. I have seen folks walk closer to me then smell the 1Q and smile. No one has said any thing but you can sense they see you from a far and come closer and realize it is not pot and just kind of wright it off. So things must be ok even? I did have one older woman sit near me for about two weeks. I think she just liked the smell?

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
One of my fears as a young pipe smoker every time I smoke out in public is just that. A Cop having a bad day stopping me and harassing me because im young and smoking a pipe, there for im probably smoking pot and not tobacco in my pipe. I would be so pissed if they took my pipe. The odds are better that they would take it from me than say an older fella smoking a pipe based on stereotype.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been kinda weary to smoke my pipes in public for the same reason. Just nervous about people maybe approaching me and accusing me of smoking marijuana in my pipe. But, lately I've been hitting Buffalo Wild Wings to have some wings and a pipe while catching the MLB playoffs or Sunday morning NFL games and I'm more so now into not caring what people think. I just want to smoke and enjoy my pipes and if people question I will answer. As long as the establishment allows me to smoke I will.
I think testing the pipe is a little drastic. They do realize how much money they're wasting on what would most likely end up being a misdemeanor charge. Brings to mind the opening scene of "The Other Guys". You'd have to be a pretty rookie officer to not know the difference between pipe tobacco and marijuana smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.