PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I never really knew what it meant. Korean tradition indicates you have to learn it from your father or elders. But, my father didn't drink. Or rather he refused to drink. I learned to drink in NYC. Forget enjoying the spirit. It was all about loading enough to get drunk.

In my 20's, it was beer culture. I enjoyed all forms of tortures including "the yard". But I'm beginning to understand the enjoyment of a spirit by itself neat.

Just a touch of water in a tumbler of whiskey to bring out the flavour.. YUM! Now I'm at home.
that's where I started. Still feel liquor should be appreciated similarly to the way a pipe is. Slow and thoughtful. Wondering what magic leads to such a bunch of flavors locked off from those that slurp and slop. The buzz interlocks with the experience. The two are not separate. Alcohol is magical but should be treated with respect.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yes, I was thinking the same thing as I am sure many others were doing as well.
Could have also gone with now I know why I like the guy, never could figure out before. I should have figured it out, the guys an artist and agrees that Yorktown is one of the greatest. Basically using myself as a template, should have seen that pattern. ;)
When I was young, coffee was an adult drink. Then I thought it was beer as I got older. Then liquor.

Now that I'm older, water is an adult beverage. And I need to drink more of it.
I think this is going to be the truest thing I will read all day.