PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Cosmic: I wasn't suggesting that I don't like their ketchup, personally it turns me on.
I think I found THE CURE for that... :mrgreen:
jay-roger.jpg

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Yes smoking pipes is ordering an absurd amount of these blends it’s almost like Sykes knows something or something

samw74

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2017
New York , NY
Does anyone know if this is a limited editon? I purchased a tin last summer. I'm curious to try it so I can decide if I want to buy more to cellar. However, I don't want to open it. Does this compare to any of the X-Mas cheer blends?

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
If you like X-Mas cheer blends you will love this as well. Similar but different, like all Mike's Va blends they are all good in their own way.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
Why would he "Shut Down" a successful business! He could sell it, he could retire and have someone else run it!
People who say he is shutting down are just plain wrong and stupid!!!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Does anyone know if this is a limited editon? I purchased a tin last summer. I'm curious to try it so I can decide if I want to buy more to cellar. However, I don't want to open it. Does this compare to any of the X-Mas cheer blends?
Frankly, I like it better than Christmas Cheer. It's one of the very best Red Virginia blends I've smoked. It's good enough now that you really don't need to age it to enjoy it. Open your tin. Have a smoke, and make a decision.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I for one believe the stories of them shutting down, they have come from enough reliable sources. I've been loading up my tobacco cellar accordingly. Life will go on without McClelland but I'm a VA lover and will miss having a number of their blends readily available. The 40th Anniversary is superb IMHO. Perhaps it was McClellands swan song to their Customers.
It also looks like McCranies Red Ribbon is sold out. Not sure if they're getting in any more or not.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
I'll accept your apology soon, gkr1. :wink:
I will eat crow served cold! LOL
The guys from the Squire Radio Show just spoke to McNeil's this last week, they confirmed they are NOT going to shut down operations!
Take that for what its worth, but closing down and packing up is the last option on the table for them! Makes no sense what so ever!

McCrannies is made by McClelland, so...
Yeh, I just wish C&D or someone would step up and give us something close to a McClelland flavor. Just one Virginia.
But, my seeds are started, and I have dedicated more land to growing my own for this year. I am just happy that more people are coming forward in the growing end of this hobby, so we may get more exchanges of ideas and experimentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.