PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
So as some of you may or may not know, i recently bought a Mauro Armellini from Lonestar.

estate007.jpg

I tried to find out some history behind the pipe, but he coulden't tell me much about it.
Knowing that Mauro passed away around 2004, I was interested to see if this one was made by him.

So, i decided to email the company. And this is the response i got:
the production of that model dates back to the 1980's performed by my father, referring to a model Peterson
Vilma
So I'm assuming this was made by Mauro in the 1980's!! Thought that was pretty damn cool! As this is my first "estate" pipe, this make for an interesting pipe!
I can't wait to receive it!

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
that is an awesome pipe i love the green stem. that would be great if it was an 80's pipe.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
It's a beautiful pipe; I'm happy for you! I would have called for it myself, but you were too fast. :(

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Hey thats pretty cool ! 1980's and its like new. Interesting she mentioned the Peterson part too, it is based on the design of a Peterson bent well pipe. I would have thought they'd deny it had anything to do with Petersons design :D

I would have guessed it was from the 90's, good idea asking them directly. I've had very good experience with Armellini pipes, I think you're going to love it. Heading to the Post office in about an hour to drop her off !

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
lankord- i knew it was going to go fast, so i had to act accordingly ;)
Lonestar- Yeah i thought it might be easier to talk to them directly, greater chance of them knoing more than elsewere. .I tried looking on pipedia, but nothing came up. Ya when i first saw it, it definitely reminded me of a Peterson, with that shape, the metal ring, and the way the stem is shaped. I'm not sure how ong they made this model for, so it very well could hae been made in the 90s, but the shape model started in the 80s. Im just going to say its an 80's pipe haha. Cant wait to get it!!! Thanks again!

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
thats a very nice looking pipe... diggin the green stem allot. Very cool that you found out the back story of where and when it was made, that just adds so much to the pipe.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Very cool. It is great that the company actually responded pretty quick. It really shows their true colors.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Yeah i was quite suprised that they responded in a quick manner. The first initial email was sent on the weekend, so I was not going to expect anyting back too soon. Woke up this morning and email had arrived. The fist email wasn't too clear (i'm assuming Italian is their native tounge) so I sent another email soon after. Within the hour, I got the second response, that was much clearer.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
If you want to know more about these pipes see my post in the following thread
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/mauro-armellini-ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.