PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Just wandering I think I already know the answer just wanted to see what you guys had to say.

The mason jar lids they hold the smell from the tobacco even after they are washed . So do you guys throw the lid away and get a new lid each time ( they are pretty inexspensive ) or just put it on anyway .

Have you ever noticed the smell effect you tobacco if used again say from a previous Aro lid now covering a Virginia for example

I had a lid from FM Cellar that I threw out because there was such a strong oder on the lid and I was not a fan of FMC so I didn't intend on buying more that I could cover over that tobacco
Welcome to the Forum! Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If changing blends I would get new lids. Usually though, I just keep the same blends in my jars.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
When changing blends in a jar I always put a new lid on. Lids are cheap and plentiful; I can a lot of jam and pickles so always have new ones on hand.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I change the lid if I need to jar a different blend, but I save the old ones in labeled baggies, lat, aro, VA...

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I change the lid if I need to jar a different blend, but I save the old ones in labeled baggies, lat, aro, VA...
Good idea

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I don't bother and have jarred VA's in jars that had lat bombs in them - haven't noticed any taste contamination. YMMV of course.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
If changing blends I would get new lids. Usually though, I just keep the same blends in my jars.
^That.
Also, you will occasionally get a faulty band, so keeping spare lids/bands on hand is always prudent.

Status
Not open for further replies.