PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I've never been much of an NBA fan, but here in NC college basketball is almost a religion. I'm rooting for Duke tonight. Hoping they can put together a win for Coach K's final season. He's been the Duke head coach for longer than I've been alive and it's crazy to me to be watching the end of this era now.

Anyone else watching the Elite 8?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's addictive, so if I don't have time to watch, I lose track. Be interesting to see if Duke's Coach K. can wrap his career with a win. In the larger scheme, it doesn't mean too much. He's a permanent figure in basketball history after a long winning career, Olympic coaching, and a rep as clean as a whistle. Not many like him in any sport.

I worked at NCSU long ago, when they were a hot team, so I've backed the Pack, but not this year. Coach K. is cool, not a smooth talker, not particularly charismatic, but he's done the job big time. The last ten years on two hip replacements, with total focus.

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
Hoping that there will be a Duke-UNC semi and that Duke makes it to and wins the championship game. They didn't seem focused enough earlier this month to convince me that they would get past the Sweet 16, but I'm happy that they did. Great tournament this year. Would love to see Coach K go out on top.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
The answer is ...... I was 75% over it when the Iowa men couldn't find the bottom of the basket in the first round and then 100% when the women lost at home in the second. If the ladies had made the Sweet 16 I'd have been re-energized. I haven't even knowingly had the TV on a channel with a scroll at the bottom that gives NCAA basketball updates, haha. Golf season is screwing with our heads around here - weather Purgatory and haven't been able to start but . . .

Augusta National Women's Amateur golf final round today! (Yes that is exciting)! Starts about the time I'll feel like grilling and by the time it's over it should be warm enough to actually venture out and play my first 9 holes anyway on the home course! Twenty something Fahrenheit right now. :(

Reactions: jpmcwjr