PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
I love, love all things maple. Other than Maple Street by Sutliff what other brands or blends would you guys recommend? I want to taste (not just smell) MAPLE. I've done the search thing and there's not much talk about maple tobaccos except for Maple Street.

pipewife

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2012
C&D Autumn Evening

Boswell Maple Leaf

Gatlin-Burlier Mountain Maple
Those are the three I have open at the moment.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm not much of an aromatic smoker, but, thanks to a recent visit from the Canadian box pass, I have been thoroughly enjoying a small sample of C&D Autumn Evening. I will be purchasing a large quantity for aging as I suspect the magic is in the moisture level with this one. Give it a try. It's a nice red Virginia with a maple topping that leaves the room smelling like pancakes

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The best maple flavored blend I've had was McClelland's Town Topic from their Premium Aromatic line. It burns really well and leaves a good note and flavor of maple. Didn't get tongue bite at all from it and I've pretty much finished the tin. It was my daily morning smoke on my way to work for almost a month.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Brigham makes a Vanilla Maple blend that's not too bad though keep in mind im not a fan of flavoured tobacco

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for the responses, I've got Autumn Eve, Town Topic, Maple Street and, Latham Circle by H&H on my radar.

mikemacrdlnds

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 21, 2011
When he has it, Steven Brooks of House of Calabash's Canadian Maple is great. Sterling Tobacco Maple Leaf is a good blend also.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
McClellands Townsman's Cavendish Blue. It is from an old 19th century style maple tobacco. Very tasty, not overwhelming.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I LOVE autumn evening. This is the only blend i have an actual pipe dedicated to. I have an english/balkan blend pipe but autumn evening has its own pipe. Not that it needs it, dont get me wrong, but everytime i load this one pipe with autumn evening it is nirvana.

ryepipe

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
Agreed with mikeacrdlnds, Steven Brooks (House of Calabash), Canadian Maple, very special

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I cast another vote for P&W Vermont Maple Cavendish. Carole, the lady that owns the company, will adjust the amount of maple syrup in the mix according to what you want.
Smokey

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Pipeworks and Wilkie is my goto Maple blend, followed up by Autumn Evening...Great stuff...and the stache note is awesome...

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Just cracked a tin of Town Topic and smoking it in my Meer. Very moist from the tin. No drying time. It taste very nice...........

Status
Not open for further replies.