MANCAVE MAKE OVER IS COMPLETE (picture heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh IMP Meerschaum Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
2 Fresh J. Alan Pipes
12 Fresh Ashton Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Thanks again fellas.
I think it worth mentioning that I was able to do all of this pretty much "On The Cheap" !
I'm a pretty thrifty guy, Blondie calls me cheap. Almost everything, furniture wise, has been found on CraigsList...
The Wall unit, 5 pieces & 11' wide, was $100 on CL.
The Leather Wingback Chairs were $100 on CL
The Coffee & End Tables were $110 on CL
The Sleeper Sofa was $100 on CL
The vast majority of my pipes, 90 or so, are almost all ebay, etsy & antique shop finds that I refurbed.
The 24 pipe stand was $40 on Etsy.
The two 6 pipe stands were $10 each at a local antique shop.
I think ya get the picture...
I shared all of that to say this... There's no reason to spend a ton of $$ on fixin up your pipe den, cigar lounge, mancave... There are plenty of bargains to be found out there, just takes a little bit of time, effort and patience.
The last thing I'll share is that one of the things that makes this all workout, is the fact that when I was having my office built I had them install a high velocity exhaust fan. In the ceiling of each dormer and over the main area of the office there are vents that look like regular HVAC vents. The fan is a Panasonic Whisper Quiet 440 CFM fan that is mounted out in the attic and ducted outside. It really is whisper quiet and is hardly perceptible when on.
I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend and that you please take a moment to acknowledge the sacrifices that were made and that are being made. To all of my fellow Veterans, Thanks and God Bless.
Dino

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Love it! the cabinet with the tobacco and pipes and tap handles looks amazing. I'd love to play a game of chess and smoke in that room!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
The last thing I'll share is that one of the things that makes this all workout, is the fact that when I was having my office built I had them install a high velocity exhaust fan. In the ceiling of each dormer and over the main area of the office there are vents that look like regular HVAC vents. The fan is a Panasonic Whisper Quiet 440 CFM fan that is mounted out in the attic and ducted outside. It really is whisper quiet and is hardly perceptible when on
This is the set up I am going to do long term. It becomes too hot/humid in the summer and too cold/windy in the winter to be outside here.

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Thanks again guys. I'm glad it meets your approval. Well, except for that completely out of line comment about my Steelers sign ! :x

bonanzadriver

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2016
Here's the chess set being put to good use...
ktrLDjE.jpg

My youngest son Nick, playin a few games and enjoyin a few bowls with the old man. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.