PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Ok, now I'm curious.. Everyone keeps saying their Forever stems will last "forever". So does this mean you guys are routinely breaking your stems that came with your cob? My cobs are about 5 years old. Three of them have Ebonite stems and three have the regular. I've never broken any stem in any pipe ( including my briars and meers). I only replace my stems with Ebonite because I do not like the filtered stems and I don't like the excessive draw I get when I take out the filter. I used to put a small pipe cleaner in place of the filter to correct the draw but for about $5.00 for an Ebonite stem I have a "Forever + Infinity" stem!... :D
And I have to disagree with the statement made earlier that cobs improve the taste of a lot of tobaccos. No.. Cobs improve the taste of ALL tobaccos!
Edit: ps.. where did you get the copper and silver bands?

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
I just recently received my first MM as a bday gift. I constantly have it clenched when I'm working outside. I can say that while I'm on my lawn tractor I tend to bite down harder than normal while bouncing around. Would a forever stem hold up better? After I cracked my second one I just put a rubber bit on the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.