PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I finally got around to buying a tin of this a couple of weeks ago and I like it. Actually, I like it a lot. I'm smoking it now and no, I have not eaten yet ;-)
It seems to be a tobacco that contradicts itself. Many say it is one dimensional and I can see why because despite the curious topping there is something of the honest Virginia about it. But then the more I smoke the more complicated it becomes. I swear that sometimes I get perique and sometimes I get that chocolate thing that I get from some burley blends. I suspect this is all the topping, though. I think that somehow this is a blend that can be whatever you want it to be. A simple sipper when you are doing something else or a smoke more interesting when you pay attention to it. No doubt that it is an odd one and the claim of "A UNIQUE SMOKING MIXTURE" is hard to argue with. It may take me a while to figure out, if I ever do.
I will concede that it is on the stronger side of the nicotine spectrum but I must say that I think too much is made of this. It's not that strong. If you have been or are a cigarette smoker then it is absolutely fine.
I reckon this is one of those tobaccos that I will always want at hand. It won't be an everyday smoke for me but it shall be regular. At least for now. It seems an interesting, easy to pack, easy to burn, rich and satisfying smoke. Because it burns relatively quickly and scratches the nicotine itch equally as fast, it is a great blend to take to the pub when the weather is cold and you don't want to stand outside like a peasant for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.