Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
As soon as I started reading your post, I knew it was Scott's. They started this policy a few years ago and I have said screw Scott's ever since.
It is not just smokers that they refuse to hire and will fire, it's all tobacco users. They give random drug test to all of their employees for nicotine. If an employee has nicotine in their system, Scott's will terminate them.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
I wanted to inform everyone I am starting a boycott thread in the General discussion section. I will include this company, and ask anyone to feel free to add anti-tobacco and smoker companies such as Scott's to the list. Happy Puffing and ENJOY.

sinistertopiary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2009
Toronto
...but what people do away from work obviously should not be considered in their employment qualifications!

Amen to that!
Period!
Speaking of removing links to make the chain shorter, as soon as people started pissing into cups to get a job -- which is more a test of conformity than anything else -- it was only another step to this.
There was a day when it was valid to ask workers about their race & religion to deny them work. It's just been modulated to a different key now.
If someone can satisfy the requirements of their job, then it doesn't matter one fart what they do on their free time. This is just a different kind of loyalty test, one based on lifestyle instead of belief, and is just as much an infringement on one's freedom.
But as soon as people started pissing into cups without complaint -- which is an invasion of privacy, as well as signifying the employer has a right to tell what you can do with your own body, thus giving up some claim to ownership of your own body -- then this is the next step.
I'm sorry, sapo59. Totally sucks. Fuck Scotts.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
They charge to damn much any way .I always buy the bargin brand and it makes my yard so thick you have to mow it every week . Keep the faith and a new job will come your way . I have always found it best to seek out who does the hiring and talk to them directly ,if they do not hire you .Ask them to help you network to find a job .

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Overqualified! I am over fifty hence I am overqualified. I smoke hence I am undesirable. I have a bad back hence I am a risk to their precious insurance plans. Seems like a never ending spiral to me!

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Sapo, Don't you know,or didn't you get the memo. The American people are all stupid. The government and company management know whats best for you. Do what they say without question and like it. Amazing how much has changed in such a short amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.