PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Finally opened up the tin tonight to have a smoke. I'm not saying it was bad, but at times it had a "cigar" overtone, and at times it was like I was smoking a coco muffin. So I may have another bowl or two before I make my final ruling. Anyone a lover/hater of this blend? Comments...
Mike :puffy:

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I've smoked several bowls, and I still can't make up my mind! I like the chocolate, then I get an odd aftertaste.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I had a similar take on it irish. I often felt like I was smoking a strong cig. I took to mixing it with MB Cherry Ambrosia, 50 / 50 and I found they complemented each other well. Both, individually were not my favorite. I have tried a few chocolate flavored blends and have not found anything I like. Boswell's chocolate was better but still not a homerun for me.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Bought a tin in March, had maybe three bowls, jarred it. Found someone that loves it, and stuffed it back in the tin and gave it to her. Found it leaves a terrible ghosting as well.....not for me....

andrew369

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2013
Bought a tin several months back and had a couple bowels, but found it to be a harsh blend. Left a strong aftertaste and ghosted my pipe worse than any other blend I had previously tried. Tried mixing it several times with other tobaccos but it always seemed to lessen rather than add to a blend. The taste is more a bitter sweetness of cocoa than the sugar sweetness of chocolate, and definitely detected no trace of honey. The room note also was not very well received, was down among the English blends in that regard. Must be some who like it but make sure to try a few bowels as sample rather than jumping in on a full 100g tin. Smells nice in the tin so I could use it as potpourri, but that is about it unfortunately in my opinion.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I smoked it about a year ago and found it sort of harsh, but it did have a nice dark chocolate/cocoa aroma to it. It was soaking wet in the tin, more so than the average MacBaren. Decent baccy, just not my cuppa, I passed it along to a forum member back when "open" swapping was allowed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.