PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
PlumCake, Vanilla Flake, and Navy Flake are all old time favorites. I do not like the Black Ambrosia, I have a 100 gram tin jarred up to see if I will like it in a few years.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have been considering ordering some of my favorite MacB's in bulk but so far only have tins. Have any of you ever noticed inconsistency when it comes to bulk vs. tin in MacBaren blends?
In a short answer: no. Haven't smoked a lot of the bulks, but what I have smoked have been as good as the tins.
I have just been gifted a 100grm tin of "Harmony", which I am told is now called "Symphony

I understand that it's "Harmony" in Europe, and "Symphony" elsewhere. :puffy:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just had my first bowl of Honey & Chocolate this evening. Have to say first bowl impression was good. Smoked wonderfully. Nice and smooth, cool, and evenly. Didn't require much relights. Taste transfered over well from the tin note. The tin note was like freshly baked brownies. Definitely a blend I'll make sure to have a tin of around.

carpart67

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've found this thread very helpful. Next time I place an order I am going to get a few 1oz samples of the a few different 7 seas blends. The problem will be deciding which ones, and then which to try first.
I know that everyone has differing taste, but if you had to pick one out of Regular, Royal and Gold what would you choose?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Out of all of the 7 Seas blends my favourite is the Regular blend, but that's just me. I'd say the most popular probably out of the three would be the Royal blend, which I enjoy as well just not as much as the Regular.

carpart67

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Out of all of the 7 Seas blends my favourite is the Regular blend, but that's just me. I'd say the most popular probably out of the three would be the Royal blend, which I enjoy as well just not as much as the Regular.
I'm thinking of trying the Royal, because it's so popular. The Regular, because vanilla and chocolate is right up my alley, and the Cherry, because it just sounds different and interesting. I'd like to try Mac Baren's Vanilla Creme too, but I'm only an occasional smoker and I can only find it in 100 gram tins. I can order sample sizes of the 7 seas line as it's available in bulk so I'll probably start with those.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Just picked up a tin of Scottish Blend Mixture and Symphony. Gonna crack em open when I start vacation at the end of this week as a treat. They both get mostly good reviews on www.tobaccoreviews.com. Can't wait. The tin of Symphony I picked up has a date of July '09 on it. That can't do anything but help. I am revisiting how I feel about some of the 7 seas blends though. I am not liking black and red as much as I did when I first tried them. Royal and Gold are the best IMO.

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
I've tried Mixture modern, Scottish blend, symphony, dark twist, VA flake, HH Highland, 7 seas royal, golden extra and vanilla flake. VA Flake is my fav so far. Mixture modern and scottish blend are close seconds.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I've only tried in quantity their Latakia Blend ( which, unlike what I posted previously, DOES have just a whisper of Lat, a very very subtle mid-bowl one ) and the VA#1 ..... one of the B&Ms here does carry almost their full line in tins ( US$17-$21 per 100 g ). I sampled 7 Seas Royal from a friend and liked it ..... I've been moving away from aros so no sense in grabbing 100g of it. Latakia Blend is what I smoke now most of the time :puffy:

All their blends have one thing in common : they WILL bite, burn, scorch etc if not smoked at a proper pace and/or if too dry. I've also learned it's not a good idea to further rub out the VA#1 ..... 8O

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
From Newbie here

I have smoked Navy Flake which is great in flavor, taste, burn and lid with no bite problem where Scottish Blend are still waiting in the line after finishing Navy Flake tin.

Great discussion and informative

Keep the pipe running

Status
Not open for further replies.