PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
1711049446645.jpeg
Dead at age 88. Appeared in over 109 films and hundreds of TV appearances including Blade Runner, Brubaker, The X-Files, Raising Arizona, Straight Time and Blood Simple. Almost always playing a supporting role he was always the character, not the actor.

“I need you Deck. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner. I need your magic.” Inspector Bryant in Blade Runner

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
He was a very good character act who typically played a third banana in most of the movies made. Just about every movie he was in the movie was better for it. RIP.

Reactions: AreBee

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I thought this was funny!
View attachment 297460
Harry another favorite!
He was a very good character act who typically played a third banana in most of the movies made. Just about every movie he was in the movie was better for it. RIP.
This - even bad movies can be better for certain actors being in them - something to appreciate during the "bad".

Reactions: kcghost and AreBee

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
He was great. His role as the nut in the Jerk and as Dickie Dunn in Slapshot were my favorites. “I was trying to capture the spirit of the thing.”
A great movie. So many funny lines and characters. Walsh was his typical great in Slapshot.

“The fans are shouting kill, kill, kill--this is hockey!”

• Love

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Blood Simple
That's the role of his I always think of first...great performance of a really creepy character with absolutely no redeeming qualities. Not easy to pull off and make it as compelling and memorable as he did in that movie.

I thought this was funny!
View attachment 297460

Couldn't agree more. That WWW movie gets my vote for one of the worst films of all time. There are very few movies I've tried to watch that were so bad I had to turn them off. That was one.