PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I enjoy listening to the Supreme Court audio while doing household chores and clenching/puffing.

Doesn't much matter to me the case. As with most of the members here, the arguments and remarks are on such a deeper level than my puny brain. With both, I often want to interrupt and ask what it means? Kinda slow here...sorry. But glad to be included.
mike

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I mostly listen to the cacophony of mold injection presses, air compressors, and water heaters.
Embers, do you use ear plugs? Or listen to stuff on earphones? Do I remember right you get to smoke your pipe at work (I'm jealous is so :)))

I work part time under a big vent hood that runs all the time. I just get used to it and it cuts out lots of other loud background chatter. But I wonder if the noise is tiring, 'cause I like the relative quiet when I finish up and take out my trash 😉

Just wondering about noise at work?
Thnx
mike

Reactions: Chasing Embers

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Do you think each Justice tries to say something smart?

Any of the Justices ever fall asleep during an oral argument?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Do you think each Justice tries to say something smart?

Any of the Justices ever fall asleep during an oral argument?
Rarely seem to ask questions just to ask them - usually a purpose but sometimes hard to figure out without knowing way more than one could be expected to know about individual cases.

No idea on the sleep but figure we’d be even if they did.

Reactions: macaroni

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just bumped into an old friend, who went to work for the Secret Service and was in charge of providing security for the Justices. In 25 years, he met four Presidents, we promised to get together so I can hear some of his stories. The downside was he drove into Washington DC every day (one well, about 90 miles of pure roadway hell)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A couple of other buddies were in the US Park Police. I used to ride motorcycles with two. One New Years Day, we were on the deserted Dulles Tollroad and got taped by the VA State Police, all of us going over 120 mph. We pulled over, they flashed their badges and the trooper said "slow down, and have a nice day". Whew.

Reactions: macaroni