PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfred

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Thank you, I appreciate that. That's a very beautiful shape.

I still have faith in my lovat and blowfish to keep me occupied for a while, but nothing wrong with acquainting oneself with other options in this new, fascinating world :puffy:

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
For me, I love straight billiards. What's better than a straight billiard? A Canadian, of course. With it's oval shank that stretches to neverland. Does it smoke drier? Probably not. Does it look cool as shit? YES!!!!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@ChasingEmbers I am still confused as to to the shape of the Ivarsoon style blowfish.
It's all about the bowl. While the fugu and Ivarsson are both asymmetrical, the fugu is more like a yoyo, while the Ivarsson is more ball shaped.
Fugu
20180513_025242-513x600.jpg

Ivarsson
20180513_025153-505x600.jpg

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Lovat and Blowfish was the law firm that represented me after I was arrested on that public gurgling charge back in ‘97.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Most blowfish would seem Fugu. I'd not seen the Ivarsson style before, which is so much more subtle; I like!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Another signature of the Ivarsson style is the teardrop shape. In the view from above, you can see it, though very subtle.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
I absolutely love that blowfish. I've bid on a few of them on ebay over the last several months but so far the pipe gods have not accepted my humble offerings. I might just have to save my pennies and buy a brand new one.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Don't have to smoke them to collect them. :mrgreen: I once knew a guy that collected Dunhills and kept each of them on display in individual glass boxes, and never smoked a day in his life.

jfred

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Chasing Embers, that is a very good looking lovat, nice clean lines. Mine is a little more twisted (in lack of a better word), which I don't mind.

I had my first two bowls in the lovat, and it's a great smoker. I still haven't tried the blowfish. The combination of the more narrow chamber and the lightest finish on any of my pipes, makes me a bit nervous to put a match to it... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.