PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A few Forums guys are jewelry makers, so I decided to do this non-pipe post. I was a widower for ten years then

remarried. We found an absolutely wonderful engagement ring for my wife in three colors of gold, and had made a wedding

ring in rose gold that fit around it, very unique although no stones. ( I bought her something pretty with stones later.)

Meantime, I bought a fairly massive 18 ct. band, after much shopping, and the jeweler in the NYC diamond district

measured me for a size nine. My hands shrink in cold weather, as do most peoples', and the ring slipped off more than

once, although I managed to retrieve it, usually myself, or with occasional help from others. Lately, alas, I lost it completely.

I now need to go back to an 8 1/2, though I am wearing a size nine ring now, in titanium, that I bought (though I never used)

for travel. In short, other than buying the smaller size, and shifting to fatter fingers when swimming in cold water, etc., is there

anything else I can do to keep a ring? My first wedding ring in the smaller size stayed with me for almost 24 years of married life,

and for years after that, until a woman I was dating asked me not to wear it (understandably) and it was taken in a home burglary.

More than you wanted to know about my wedding rings. How do I keep the next gold band, other than a smaller size?

Status
Not open for further replies.