Lost A Corona Lighter; Mourn With Me. Also, Need Suggestion For A New One.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Accessories
3 Fresh Mike Sebastian Bay Pipes
24 Fresh Rattray's Pipes
24 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

klpipe

Lurker
May 22, 2019
I have come to mourn the loss of my Corona Pipe lighter. I took a nap outside on a lounger at seminary and never saw it again. Maybe the angels took it to be with Our Lord or.... some other reason.

What is a reliable lighter that isnt even close to the cost of a Corona? thanks.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I have a Kiribi Kabuto I use frequently but not exclusively. I also keep a few Djeeps in the car and I found a mini-grill type lighter at the grocery that is refillable and works great (pictured).

I’ve lost my Kiribi three times in two years and it always manages to come back to me. It’s survived ice, snow and fire!

Reactions: spartacus
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Depending where you are located, if in America then Kiribi Kabutos, if in EU Peterson might fit the bill, practically these two brands have identical construction and I wouldn't be surprised if they were manufactured at the same plant in Japan

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I always meant to give those Peterson Old Boy models a try, double fuel valve, I fail to understand how but it seems they are somewhat related to Kirby in the manufacturing process, good reviews. My Petit Corona works ... so yeah, I won't be buying one anytime soon unless I loose mine too, but you may give it a try.

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
I've been eyeing for Austrian IMCO lighters. They are pretty cheap. Trench lighters I think they are called. IMCO I believe is about as old as Zippos. And they take zippo flints and fuel as well

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Xikar pipeline lighter works for me. I use it as a backup for my zippo (w/ pipe insert) if it runs dry in the middle of a smoke. The only issue I had with mine was that the bottom screw needed to be tightened a bit. Great lighter and I think it was around $40-50 bucks! I also noticed the cheaper $17 lighter below. Let me know if you wind up getting any of them and how they work for you!

Amazon.com: Xikar Pipeline Silver Lighter: Home & Kitchen - https://www.amazon.com/Xikar-Pipeline-Silver-Lighter/dp/B003AQ8HSS

https://www.amazon.com/Antique-Toba...QAS2J89Y44S&psc=1&refRID=89Q18PN83QAS2J89Y44S

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
+ however many for Kiribi. Love mine. The Takara is cool with the Squid on it.

I’ll also add. + for the Japanese made Sarome. I have a NOS from eBay great lighter.

Lastly, but not unnoticed, lighter stolen at Seminary that’s some serious grounds for someone to flunk out. We’re they not paying attention in the most basic classes, you know the first ten, it’s in there .

You’re on the right track by saying it disappeared and I hope you’re right an angel borrowed it. Maybe we can hope that someone took it, cleaned, polished, fueled it and will return it as a surprise. A random act of loving kindness. I like to seek the best in people.

Status
Not open for further replies.