PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbream

Lurker
Oct 14, 2013
Saw a pipe brand a few weeks back that I had never heard of...Lord Davenport. Apparently the brand was made in the mid to late 1940s. Given their prices (about $4.50), they were probably a drugstore pipe along the lines of present day Dr. Grabows.
So what piqued my interest? I'm a Davenport and, naturally, I had to have one. Ok, at least one...
I checked to see what might be available on fleabay. At first there were three possibilities, one whose stem had a tooth hole in it just forward of the button, one with a stem that was an obvious replacement (had a Kaywoodie emblem on it) and one with the stem missing. Oh well...
Fast forward last week...I noticed a new listing that was reported to be all original and appeared to be in reasonably good shape. Minimum bid was &9.99 and the Buy It Now price was $15. To make the story short(er), I bid $10 and won.
The pipe arrived yesterday. It has some tooth marks on the stem but overall was in fairly good shape. I'm pretty sure I'll send it out to someone to have it cleaned up, sterilized and a little bit of refurbishing done. Yeah, I know I'll probably pay three times what I paid for it to get it refurbished and ready to smoke, but that's OK...at the moment I'm a happy camper. Here are a few pics (from the fleabay seller, not mine):

Status
Not open for further replies.