PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Life has been busy as of late and I haven't checked in to see what is going on here on the forum in quite some time.

Being a luddite, I will admit that at first I was quite intimidated by the new site and figuring out how it works, but then I easily concluded that if cigrmaster could learn how to operate this new technology, then surely it must be pretty easy.

I hope you are all doing really well. It feels great to be back - like "seeing" old friends who I haven't seen in quite some time.

What did I miss?

Dec 24, 2012
I was thinking of cigrmaster the other day. When I first started buying pipe tobacco, he kindly gave me his unsolicited wisdom. At that time (around 2012), I was buying McClelland blends by the boat load. He told me I was a fool because everyone knows McClelland tobacco is easy to get, and I really should concentrate on stocking up on the hard to find blends. And notwithstanding his sage advice, I still bought lots of McClelland blends - and boy, I was happy I ignored him.

There is a lesson there for all of us - don't pay attention to a single thing that @cigrmaster tells you.

Dec 24, 2012
Yes and of course, the reply action does the same thing.

Your cellar still gets talked about Every once and a while. Might be time for an updated picture.....
Lol, truth be told it hasn't changed much over the last year. I have added a few blends here and there, but have been buying very little tobacco over the course of the last year. I would guess I have purchased about 10 lbs of tobacco the last year and that's it.

Dec 24, 2012
STG has just re-released many of the Dunhill blends under the Peterson brand name, but with the same names and packaging.

And Butz-Choquin appears to be closing.

Interesting. I will have to look for that. You know off hand if Dunhill Navy Rolls is included in that? I was stocking up heavily on that before the Dunhill stocks dried up but should have bought more.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You have made the incorrect assumption that Harris has figured out the new technology. I think a more accurate assessment would be he is barely keeping his head above water. I am astonished (sarcasm) to hear that Harris would ever have offered you unsolicited advice/wisdom. Having reviewed your inventory list of tobacco and seen some of your pipe collection, it's safe to say you've done "okay" even while possibly ignoring some of his advice. Nice to see you back posting, I hope things are well.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I haven't been around for a few years either. I only smoke around one bowl a day, but I also stocked up on various McClelland tins. I found I was down to 9 tins and thought I'd order more, that's when I found out they were no longer producing pipe tobacco. I'm glad Peterson picked up producing 965 and nitecap.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Dec 24, 2012
Wow, @chasingembers , what a great pick up on that Weaver. I was really crestfallen when I heard that Bruce passed. He was a true gentleman, and I truly enjoyed the interactions I had with him over the years. He was a credit to the hobby.

@Casual, I really hope they resucitate DNR. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: tnfan and Casual

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Interesting. I will have to look for that. You know off hand if Dunhill Navy Rolls is included in that? I was stocking up heavily on that before the Dunhill stocks dried up but should have bought more.
Available in Europe so we assume it is coming. P&C has “pre_order” written by it...

Status
Not open for further replies.