Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Mmmm..... Can't find any corn cob pipe with acrylic stem from Amazon ?. But found some from SmokingPipes.com. Not bad, i eyed on one, quite like it. Yeah, the price is a bit high. Considering.... ?

MM Corn Cob prices that all the Pipe sites sell are all pretty much the same prices, have a look to compare.

Everyone in the USA sells them for pretty much the same prices.

SmokingPipes would also be the safest bet for purchases in the USA, especially for replacements or refunds. They’re the biggest business in the USA.

The Pipe Nook

Cup O’ Joes

Aristocob

Pipesandcigars

Tobaccopipes

• Wow
Reactions: tklee

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
MM Corn Cob prices that all the Pipe sites sell are all pretty much the same prices, have a look to compare.

Everyone in the USA sells them for pretty much the same prices.

SmokingPipes would also be the safest bet for purchases in the USA, especially for replacements or refunds. They’re the biggest business in the USA.

The Pipe Nook

Cup O’ Joes

Aristocob

Pipesandcigars

Tobaccopipes

Thank you for the recommendation and the effort searching for the sites, PipeIT ? ? ? ?

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA
The Amazon pipe would likely be authentic. I recommend the special edition pipes with acrylic stems, since the soft plastic stems get chewed up over time, repeatedly. The special editions are about $26, but worth it. Some of mine have lasted for decades.
I like the soft plastic stems on the MM cobs. They are more comfortable if I clench and are replaceable for 85 cents. LOL
I do have acrylic stems on some of my cobs, more for the ones I hold.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I like the soft plastic stems on the MM cobs. They are more comfortable if I clench and are replaceable for 85 cents. LOL
I do have acrylic stems on some of my cobs, more for the ones I hold.

The Forever Stems seem a lot more comfortable, and certainly make the pipes look nicer too.

Two of my Cobs with a Forever Stems, they don’t make them for the Dagner, pictured at the top.

F7C78F03-2C5B-48AA-9B48-54D81FF862BF.jpeg

• Love

Bobby Bailey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 8, 2021
Upper Southwest Arkansas, USA
The Forever Stems seem a lot more comfortable, and certainly make the pipes look nicer too.

Two of my Cobs with a Forever Stems, they don’t make them for the Dagner, pictured at the top.

View attachment 120433
I do like the Forever stems from Vermont Freehand on some of my cobs. I can fit any to a pipe, being a gunsmith helps. ?

Reactions: PipeIT and tklee

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
I can't help but wonder how may nubies have ordered MM cobs thinking they were getting an actual meerschaum... nnnn
Ahhh..... Now i get what u mean, u mean, u wonder how many nubies will think that MM Cobs is actually selling actual meerschaum pipes ?

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
I can't help but wonder how may nubies have ordered MM cobs thinking they were getting an actual meerschaum... nnnn
Sorry bout the typo....
Hahaha.... I dunno why i read ur first post wrongly. I thought u mean, u wonder how many nubies (newbies) ordered Meerschaum online and thinking they are actual Meerschaum ?. I really have no idea why i read that wrongly ??. Maybe not enough tobacco ?. Sorry bro ???

Reactions: Searock Fan

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
  • Love
Reactions: Simmerdown☕️
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Hi guys, i have a question. Why are the corn cob pipes all different prices, since they are the same material? I like this Missouri Meerschaum Cornell & Diehl Charles Towne Cobbler | Buy Missouri Meerschaum Tobacco Pipes at Smokingpipes.com - https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Missourimeerschaum/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=266530 , but the price is really a big difference from others, like $2.59, $4.69, $5.29...... ?

View attachment 121941

What you pay for in the name, you get in relative quality. I’ve never owned any other brand of cob pipe other than Missouri Meerschaum. So, I can’t speak to others quality. All the pipes that I own will outlive me, and I smoke them often. As far as, why does MM charge different prices if it’s made of the same material…
Why would someone typically pay more for a higher grade briar than a second, or economy pipe…better perceived quality. ☕

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
Why would someone typically pay more for a higher grade briar than a second, or economy pipe…better perceived quality. ☕
But, even all are from Missouri Meerschaum, the price gap is also very big. You mean, the lower price ones are made of different grade of corn cobs? I mean, for woods, i understand, there are deeper layer of wood, outer layer, older woods.... But for corn cobs, there are difference too?

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
But, even all are from Missouri Meerschaum, the price gap is also very big. You mean, the lower price ones are made of different grade of corn cobs?
Yes, the cob quality on a Charlestown Cobbler is better that the ones that you buy in the economy sack. Also, the stem is acrylic and will last longer, although some find them less comfortable. ?☕

• Wow